The Tri-County Soccer League (the group governing the Travel Teams) met last night and decided on the number of teams in our league for the 2014 season. We are also looking at some other issues:
- Postpone the start of the season to May 26 (this is later than the traditional fist week after the long weekend date)
- Most teams will have an 11 or 12 game season
- We are going to insist that all fields are smoke free (this is already a Tent Hills By-law)
- 2013 Rules apply
- u8: Play Thursdays, 5 on field, 2 x 20 min games, 7:00PM start
- u10: Play Wednesdays, 7 on field, 2 x 25 min games, 7:00PM start
- u12: Play Tuesdays, 11 on field, 2 x 35 min games, 7:00PM start
- u14: Play Mondays, 11 on field, 2 x 40 min games, 6:00PM start
- u16: Play Thursdays, 11 on field, 2 x 45 min games, 6:30PM start
- Coaches are to provide a game sheet for each game and swap with opposing team to fill it out for the game. They are not to fill in scores, or cautions. This is the referee's job
- Game sheets are to be submitted to the Tri-County Registrar
A reminder that there is a Free Coaches Clinic on Tuesday May 13 at the Douro Soccer Fields from 9AM to 11AM. Please email Marc Trudeau (email@example.com)directly to register.
House League Updates
Due to the wet weather and fields, we will delay the start of the season by 1 week. We will start the week of May 26.
- Timbits: Play Tuesday nights, 7 players on field, 6 x 5 min games, start at 6:30, 15 minute warmup.
- u7: Play Wednesday nights, 6 players on field, 2 x 20 min games, start at 6:45, 15 minute warmup
- u9: Play Thursday nights, 5 players on field, 2 x 25 min games, start at 6:45, 15 minute warmup